Friday, February 1, 2008

Just a note to tell you that Kathy has malaria and Danny has pink eye. There are no HIPA laws in Africa!  We are treating both things with medicine from the clinic.  We are sleeping under mosquito nets and taking our anti-malaria medicine daily.  We will be using more mosquito repellant now.  This just happens in Africa.  I am feeling better after 2 days of medicine.  We are so thankful that we have a bed, access to medicine, clean water, and people who are praying for us.  There are also many ice cream "trucks" that go past our house.  It is a bicycle with a cooler on the back that plays the song "Oh My Darlin' Clementine" to advertise.  So I was able to have a popsicle or "lolli" as they call it here.  That tasted great!  "Just part of the adventure!" says Danny.  

Big thanks to Alison Lee our IT girl who is posting these photos for me after I email them to her. For some reason our internet connection is not strong enough to upload photos.  Thanks Alison!

4 comments:

earthcore said...

Hope you're better soon!
- The Colbow's

John- Ohio CRNA said...

Yuck. I hope you guys both start to feel better soon. You are constantly in my thoughts and prayers. I love the updates...and the pictures! Put Alison to work more often!

Love you,

John

Picciano Family said...

Glad you are feeling better! You look FABULOUS!! You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love to you both!
Michele

Picciano Family said...

Glad you are feeling better! You look FABULOUS!! You are in our thoughts and prayers!
Love to you both!
Michele