Saturday, March 8, 2008

Preaching in Africa

Here is a photo of Kathy preaching on Sunday. It was a three hour
service, started at 10:00 and finished at 1:00! About 5 offerings,
tons of dancing and singing that was wonderful! Drums and guitars
hooked up to car batteries and speakers, the time really did go
fast! This was Kathy's first time using a translator. It seems to
have gone well! Kathy is scheduled to preach again on Palm Sunday
morning at the same church, St. Andrews Anglican Church in Mvumi and
that same evening for the Anglican Secondary school in town.

3 comments:

glizzy said...

It sounds like you are really learning and growing in this experience! I've enjoyed visiting your site.

Sherry G said...

How exciting to see you in your element...sharing God's heart through your own. I can only imagine how you would try to prepare a sermon not knowing the language and still learning the culture. I pray for you and Danny often. Love the pictures and updates. I remember you saying you were taking all of us with you and the updates and photos really helps create connection in amazing ways. I love & miss you friend!

david c welker said...

Wonderful blog! I'm a missions pastor in my church (Vineyard Church in Parma Heights & a resident of Mentor, OH). I'm preparing for a visit to South Africa (Durban) in July of 08.
I look forward to visiting your blog and reading about your trip.
*I was told about your blog by a mutual friend (Chris Corrigan).